Saturday, January 6, 2007

Other obsessions of mine

As much as large portions of my brain seem to have been sucked up by trying to understand what my body is doing and where it wants to go, I do have other things competing for my limited attention span. Tuesday is the Macworld Expo.

Word is that the keynote will be on a delayed broadcast. I'm going to have to decide on Tuesday morning whether to follow along with someone blogging live at lunch, or to instead do a Total Media Shutout for a few hours till I have some time to sit back and watch the broadcast.

The thing I'm most excited about is more news of Leopard. As much as I'd love to, my money will be too tied up in sperm futures to go for an iPhone or an iTV. And I've learned my lesson with the iPod anyway, seeing as how they always release iPods that are one better seconds after I've bought mine--early iPhone adopters are going to be so bummed when theirs are old and dull three weeks later. It's one thing to have three iPods lying around the house. How many cell phones can you really claim to need? And as for the iTV, I want I want I want, but I want a Nintendo Wii more, and until the TiVo gives out for good and we get to replace the aging TV with a fancy flat panel, the iTV is really just kinda not up my alley right now.

So Leopard it is. New OS means new subtleties to the joy of using my computer. And I'll save up, in the meantime, for the Wii.

No comments: