Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Feeling quiet

On the heels of an HSG today, I'm feeling quiet. It could be the Aleve. More likely the fact that it hurt like hell and I'm tired from it. And hurtness and tiredness make me weirdly sad. Not about anything in particular, just that sorta ache-y sad.

The good side of this is that the HSG showed good stuff--my tubes are totally open. My cervix, on the other hand, is weirdly shaped. The doctor couldn't keep the catheter in, and she was muttering something about it. I didn't catch the details, and will have to remember to ask later. When I had my wisdom teeth pulled it turned out that I had a sort of extra tooth--one of my wisdom teeth was really two teeth fused together. I think I still have the tooth somewhere. Ever since then I've liked collecting stories of my own medical anomalies.

Interestingly, after the HSG, immediately after, I got the most intense adrenaline rush. It was kinda amazing. Faded too fast, though, and then the weird sadness kicked in.

Off to bed for now. Dose #2 of the Aleve is kicking in and I need sleep.

No comments: