Monday, January 15, 2007

Day six of waiting

The end of day six of not much to do but wait. The doc said that Metformin works for me it will regulate my cycle. We'll know, roughly, based on when I get my period. If it's within appx. 30 days we'll consider me good to go--no Clomid for attempt #1. I'm on day 14 of my cycle, so pretty much nothing to do except wait for the next couple of weeks.

Except for this: on the way home from work I noticed that my cervical mucus was suddenly appearing in abundance. I came home and confirmed this--egg white. All of a sudden, too. And on day 14. This is so rare for me. Fertility Friend is claiming I am at my most fertile and about to ovulate. I suppose now the next thing to do is to see if my temp jumps up over the next couple of days.

Crossing my fingers. I'd so much prefer to feel like we should enter into our first attempts without Clomid.

4 comments:

Julianna said...

Just came across your blog today and wanted to say HI...
Julianna (Two Georgia Mommies)

googiebaba said...

Hey me too! Found you off of Baby Blogs. I went through a round of clomid and monitoring my follicle growth with ultrasound. Clomid and/or stress did something crazy to my cycle and they induced the ovulation with a shot.

Too much info, I know. But what I wanted to say is that it worked and the baby is asleep right now. Good luck.

Ovum said...

Hi!

Never too much info, really. The more I read various stories, the more I get the endless variations on what will be ours.

Anonymous said...

I've decided to say hello and share a few notes. I got diagnosed with PCOS a few months into our TTC process and lots of sperm$$$$ down the drain. At least one ovary wasn't working properly. Doc really wanted us to do Clomid since it would likely produce mature follicles from both ovaries. We were very nervous and decided to skip the first month (December) since he described it as the "mean pill". Well that cycle was a bust so come January we tried the clomid. We had 3 mature follicles and now we are pregnant... I know there are many many reactions to clomid but for us it worked. Good luck with the adventure.