Tuesday, January 2, 2007

I vant to suck your blood

After greeting the new year with good friends, an adorable three year old, a sleepy little ten week old baby and the very warm and cheerleading/sales pitching parents of said kids (you can do it!), we came home and I got more blood drawn.

On Dec. 20th I triumphantly IM'd Otra that I was pretty damn sure I was ovulating (copious + appropriate-seeming CM + a little soreness in the left ovary) even though I wasn't even sure if I ovulate. On Dec. 26th the doc had me come in for a little more phlebotomy. On Dec. 28th I emerged from the woods to the PA's message telling me I've ovulated. And on Dec. 29th the doc and I exchanged a couple of emails in which she told me my Progresterone on the 26th was at 11 ("What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?" "Put it up to eleven." "Eleven. Exactly. One louder."), which indicated I was somewhere around day 20 to 22 of my cycle.

It's really day 35 of my cycle (start date Nov. 29th), but according to my CM on Dec. 20th it's just day 27 and according to my Progresterone level last week it's somewhere between days 27 and 29. I'm struggling with this math here. I think I get this: if I get my period tomorrow, I don't have to take Prometrium AND my luteal phase was a totally and completely normal 14 days. And if I don't get my period tomorrow, doc's gonna slap me with some Prometrium and yes, my luteal phase is long AND lord knows what's going on with my Progesterone levels.

Which puts me at today. I had more blood drawn this morning and will have results tomorrow and all these calculations are really just about indulging one of my favorite past-times, calculating the unknown.

[Edited @ 10:30 PM to fix some math errors and to add: HOORAY! I scared my period into submission. No Prometrium for me AND I had a perfect luteal phase.]

No comments: